Critics say scrapping of plans, which aimed to increase judge-alone trials to deliver swifter justice, leaves court system and victims vulnerable Ministers have scrapped plans that would have slashed the number of jury trials in England and Wales and replaced them with a judge sitting alone. The proposals had sparked a fierce backlash from lawyers , who have welcomed the U-turn. But the victims’ commissioner expressed concern about the abandonment of measures drawn up by the then justice secretary, David Lammy, under Keir Starmer’s government, to tackle the record backlog in the courts. Continue reading... from The Guardian https://ift.tt/ajrMJT4 via IFTTT
‘It can be a really lonely journey’: Myles Lewis-Skelly’s mum Marcia on being a star’s parent and agent
Marcia Lewis has handled her son’s stellar rise by becoming an agent and setting up No1Fan.club to support parents of children in academies
If Marcia Lewis has learned anything in the past seven years, it is to keep pushing. “They probably thought by now I’d have disappeared,” the mother of the Arsenal and England left-back Myles Lewis-Skelly says with a laugh. “But I’m not that kind of girl. If I want to do something, I’m going to do it.”
In March Lewis-Skelly, at the age of 18, became the youngest player to score on his England debut, and life has changed considerably for Lewis since she received a call from an agent who wanted to represent her son when he was 11.
Continue reading...from The Guardian https://ift.tt/AFhdKYe
via IFTTT
Comments
Post a Comment