Exclusive: Research spanning 82 countries finds antibiotic resistance increased in every region between 2004 and 2022 Harry Booth has had a rough run through Australia’s coldest months. The 13-year-old has been in and out of hospital with a range of common chest and urinary tract infections that his doctors found challenging to treat. Harry was born with kidney failure and began dialysis at six months old, before receiving a kidney transplant from his father at age four. The surgery saved his life but comes with a trade-off: he now needs to take medications that suppress his immune system to prevent his body from rejecting the kidney. Continue reading... from The Guardian https://ift.tt/GmX6RiH via IFTTT
My youngest is starting school for the first time. How can I best preserve his relentless curiosity? | Shadi Khan Saif
I wonder how Naveed will navigate his own path – and how much I must nurture and how much I must learn to let go
“Schools are finally re-opening, mate,” my volleyball friend Sardar announced, grinning with unmistakable relief. It clearly had nothing to do with how we played that evening – we lost badly. This joy was about classrooms, routines, teachers and the quiet order that schools bring back into families’ lives.
For us, it also meant something else entirely: my youngest, Naveed, is starting school for the first time.
Continue reading...from The Guardian https://ift.tt/hQpiLlX
via IFTTT
Comments
Post a Comment