Critics say scrapping of plans, which aimed to increase judge-alone trials to deliver swifter justice, leaves court system and victims vulnerable Ministers have scrapped plans that would have slashed the number of jury trials in England and Wales and replaced them with a judge sitting alone. The proposals had sparked a fierce backlash from lawyers , who have welcomed the U-turn. But the victims’ commissioner expressed concern about the abandonment of measures drawn up by the then justice secretary, David Lammy, under Keir Starmer’s government, to tackle the record backlog in the courts. Continue reading... from The Guardian https://ift.tt/ajrMJT4 via IFTTT
Argentina forward wants to ‘fulfil dream’ by departing
Barcelona, Real Madrid and PSG linked with 26-year-old
Julián Alvarez has said he wants to leave Atlético Madrid to “fulfil his dream” following reported interest from Barcelona, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.
“I spoke with people at the club [Atlético], with those I had to speak with, and the best thing for everyone is a transfer and I want to fulfil my dream,” Alvarez said after Argentina’s World Cup Group J win over Austria.
Continue reading...from The Guardian https://ift.tt/Wt0y4lb
via IFTTT
Comments
Post a Comment